Laura advises on professional liability, privacy and general liability matters. She has experience in general litigation, cyber response claims, representative actions and warranty and indemnity matters. She is also experienced in mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
She advised on Christchurch earthquake claims, has acted for insured engineers, architects and other industry professionals across a wide range of construction matters, and has advised on cladding claims stemming from the 2017 Grenfell tragedy in the UK.
Laura worked for an international law firm in London and has also completed a one-year secondment in the casualty claims team of an international insurer, which provided her with a valuable insight into the global market.
- Advising Insureds on Canterbury Earthquake Claims and associated class action. Junior Counsel in the ‘Quake Outcast’ judicial review proceedings.
- Providing advice in respect of Professional Indemnity claims arising out of the Grenfell tragedy in London, including defence of Engineers and Architects for large residential tower blocks in London.
- Acting on cyber breach response and advising Insureds in respect of necessary notifications, including instances involving international affected persons where notification required across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising large market on proceedings out of South Africa concerning a CAR claim for construction of underground tunnel, including liaison with South African Counsel and United Kingdom based experts.
- Considering coverage in respect of long tailed European and Australian Warranty and Indemnity Claims.
- Class Actions
- Cyber, Privacy + Data Security
- Financial Institutions
- Professional Liability
- Property - Commercial
- Warranty + Indemnity
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Technology + Cyber
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Young Insurance Professionals New Zealand
- New Zealand Law Society