Lesley assists insurer and insured clients with general liability and financial lines claims, particularly personal injury, property damage and professional negligence claims.
She advises insurers and a wide range of their customers including residential and commercial occupiers, including hotel and sporting facilities, manufacturers, construction site contractors, roads and statutory authorities, labour hire providers, medical services providers and voluntary associations. She has defended public liability matters, ranging from small to catastrophic injuries, as well as third party property damage and coverage issues.
Lesley represents Australian insurers and London underwriters across national and international jurisdictions, and regularly appears in the District and Supreme Courts.
She was President of the Association for Women in Insurance in 2010 and 2011 and before that was Vice President and a committee member for seven years. She is a nationally accredited mediator and has been a member of the Resolution Institute since 2012.
- Defending clubs, hotels, security providers, theatre and restaurant operators against personal injury and property damage claims, including fire damage claims and assault claims.
- Defending ski resorts, golf clubs, go kart providers, hang glider associations, swimming pool operators and gyms against claims for personal injury damages arising out of recreational activities.
- Representing insureds in coronial inquests and in claims by relatives and for nervous shock.
Property Damage (Third Party)
- Defending property damage, third party loss and professional indemnity claims against diesel generator manufacturers, mining companies, and power, gas and electrical entities.
- Advising and pursuing dual insurance claims for contribution.
- Advising and pursuing contractual indemnity claims.
- Advising and pursuing breach of contract claims for failure to effect insurance.
- Coverage advice about public/product liability wordings, Industrial Special Risks cover, contract works policies, professional indemnity policies and product recall/contaminated products cover.
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Legacy, Sensitive + Complex Claims
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Sports, Leisure + Entertainment
- The Association for Women in Insurance (Past President, Vice President, Committee Member and Lifetime Member)
- Resolution Institute (formerly The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- NSW Claims Discussion Group