Lilian has more than 20 years experience in general liability injury claims (including PIPA, CTP, WorkCover and medical negligence), industrial accidents, construction risk, property damage claims, as well as in professional indemnity and general commercial litigation.
Lilian practised for 13 years in NSW (including 7 years as a partner in the insurance litigation team of a Sydney headquartered firm) defending complex liability matters in the District and Supreme Courts, as well as the Court of Appeal for insurers and their insured’s and on behalf of third party administrators.
Since relocating to Queensland, Lillian has defended a range of complex and volume PIPA claims on instructions from insurers and Third Party Administrators including for sporting associations, security contractors, venue operators, shopping centre owners, managing agents, principal contractors, sub-contractors and labour hire companies including advising on complex indemnity issues.
In addition to representing clients in various Courts in NSW and Queensland, she has also acted in appeals before Q-COMP (the Workers’ Compensation Regulatory Authority) and the Industrial Relations Commission.
- Defending complex PIPA claims involving dangerous recreational activities.
- Defending complex damages claim under PIPA involving a claimant suffering from quadriplegia, paraplegia and significant head injuries.
- Advising insurer with respect to potential product liability claim against multinational manufacturer of vehicle with respect to catastrophic burns suffered by child in a motor vehicle accident.
- Acting for WorkCover Qld in defending common law claims.
- Advising a multinational insured and insurer in relation to a Legionnaires claim involving 14 plaintiffs.
- Advising an insurer in relation to a landslip resulting in significant property damage claims by neighbouring property owners in the Newcastle area.
- Successfully defending a test case in Queensland involving nervous shock of emergency service officer at accident site.
- Acting for an insured and insurer in a Coronial Inquest and Compensation to Relatives Act 1897 (NSW) claims arising out of a death caused by a collapsed gate involving multiple defendants.
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Transport + Marine
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Public Sector + Education
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Sports, Leisure + Entertainment
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- The Association for Women in Insurance