Marnie advises local and overseas insurers on claims in the property, energy and construction sectors. She routinely provides coverage advice and acts in the defence of litigated claims involving large-scale infrastructure projects and building developments. Marnie is also accomplished in pursuing subrogated recoveries.
Marnie is committed to delivering the best commercial outcomes for her clients and is highly regarded for her ability to provide concise and strategic advice on complex factual and technical issues.
- Advising underwriters of the contract works and material damage policy covering the construction of a highway duplication project.
- Advising the local and overseas underwriters of the contract works and material damage policy covering the construction of one of Australia’s longest natural gas pipelines.
- Acting in complex multi-party litigation regarding losses sustained as a result of commercial construction works being undertaken on a neighbouring building site.
- Acting for an insurer in a successful recovery against an electrical contractor for the defective installation of a generator at licensed premises, resulting in property damage and loss of poker machine revenue.
- Defending the builder of a residential apartment development in Supreme Court proceedings for alleged defects at the premises.
- Providing coverage advice regarding the installation of defective mechanical ventilation services in a multi-storey development.
- Property - Commercial
- Property + Energy
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Transport + Marine
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- The Association for Women in Insurance