Maryan has over 17 years’ experience in insurance litigation and specialises in complex personal injury, property damage and pollution claims, and is widely regarded in the market for consistently achieving successful outcomes for clients.
With deep knowledge of the construction and infrastructure industries, Maryan regularly advises large commercial insurers on policy coverage/dual insurance, liability, quantum and contribution in claims including significant domestic and commercial fires, product liability, catastrophic injuries and pollution.
High profile matters Maryan has acted on include working on a bridge collapse on behalf of multiple insurers involving personal injury and property damage claims, as well as representing a major national construction company in multiple personal injury actions which included pushing all matters to early and reasonable resolution via mediation and informal settlement conferences.
Maryan achieves these outcomes by utilising her keen eye for detail and analytical skills, and is adept at developing client relationships utilising her insight and knowledge of her clients’ core values and requirements.
- Acting for multiple insurers in both personal injury and property damage claims arising from a bridge collapse, including concurrent settlement of the majority of the claims via mediation.
- Obtaining a judgment in favour of an insured owner/occupier on a property damage/water ingress claim.
- Representing a large national construction company in multiple personal injury actions including pushing all matters to early and reasonable resolution via mediation or informal settlement conferences.
- Successfully persuading a claimant to discontinue proceedings against two insureds in two separate personal injury actions on liability grounds.
- Securing a very reasonable settlement in a complex claim arising from steel loading involving multiple defendants, intricate cross-claims involving breach of contract and negligence allegations and a claimant with significant injuries.
- Environmental Liability
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of NSW
- Australian Land & Groundwater Association