Meredith is a senior associate with Wotton + Kearney’s Auckland office, handling professional indemnity and employment disputes. She has broad experience defending professional negligence claims against insureds such as solicitors, trustees, and construction professionals including architects and engineers. She also assists with advising and defending insurers regarding claims for indemnity.
Meredith has appeared as sole counsel in the District Court and High Court, and junior counsel in the Court of Appeal.
Employment Practices Liability
- Assisting in the defence and settlement of proceedings brought against an engineer involved with large residential development.
- Defending a professional trustee involved in proceedings in the High Court following the failure of a finance company.
- Assisting successful defences of architects in proceedings in the Weathertight Homes Tribunal and in the High Court involving both residential and commercial buildings.
- Defending solicitors involved in proceedings in the High Court for breaches of professional duties including conflicts of interest.
- Sole counsel in successful application for security for costs in the High Court in respect of a claim against a solicitor: Harrison v Harrison  NZHC 3066.
- Junior counsel in three-week High Court proceeding involving claims against a building consultant: Bates v Auckland Council & Anor, judgment pending.
- Acting for an offshore client responding to a highly technical Commerce Commission investigation regarding product safety.
- Assisting a successful claim in the High Court against an ex-employee and manufacturer for breaches of copyright and confidentiality.
- Acting for an insurer in respect of motor vehicle damage to a small commercial building.
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Practices Liability
- Financial Institutions
- General Liability
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Professions + Business Services
- New Zealand Law Society
- Auckland District Law Society
- Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Young Insurance Professionals (NZ)
- Society of Construction Law New Zealand