Meredith is an associate with Wotton + Kearney’s Auckland office, handling professional indemnity and employment disputes. She has broad experience defending professional negligence claims against insureds such as solicitors, trustees and construction professionals including engineers. She also assists with advising and defending insurers regarding claims for indemnity. Meredith has appeared in New Zealand’s District Court, High Court and Court of Appeal, as well assisting the successful defence of architects in proceedings in the Weathertight Homes Tribunal.
- Acting for an offshore client responding to a highly technical Commerce Commission investigation regarding product safety.
- Assisting a successful claim in the High Court against an ex-employee and manufacturer for breaches of copyright and confidentiality.
- Defending a professional trustee involved in proceedings in the High Court following the failure of a finance company.
- Assisting the successful defence of architects in proceedings in the Weathertight Homes Tribunal and in the High Court involving both residential and commercial buildings.
- Defending solicitors involved in proceedings in the High Court for breaches of professional duties including conflicts of interest.
- Assisting in the defence and settlement of proceedings brought against an engineer involved with large residential development.
- Acting for an insurer in respect of motor vehicle damage to a small commercial building.
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Practices Liability
- General Liability
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Professions + Business Services
- New Zealand Law Society
- Auckland District Law Society
- Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Young Insurance Professionals (NZ)
- Society of Construction Law New Zealand