Misha advises and acts for insurers and their insureds clients with a focus on liability claims – general liability, construction liability, third party property claims, and product liability.
Misha is an experienced civil litigator who regularly represents insureds in litigated and contentious claims across a wide range of sectors. She is particularly known for her work in the construction sector and in the health and life science sector (utilising her science degree).
She also regularly represents insureds in regulatory and disciplinary investigations and proceedings and assists insures with coronial inquiries and complaints.
Misha is ranked by Chambers & Partner as an Up-and-Coming individual for insurance law in New Zealand and as a Next Generation Partner in The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific.
Professional Liability – Construction
- Acting for engineers (structural, fire and geotechnical) and other construction professionals in construction defect claims, including acting as lead counsel in several multi-party multi-million dollar High Court proceedings, involving large property developments across New Zealand.
General Liability + Property Damage (Third Party)
- Representing insureds to defend contentious general liability and property damage claims across a range of sectors, including the construction sector, agriculture sector, manufacturing and consumer goods and food and beverages sectors.
- Acting for insureds in Commerce Commission Fair Trading Act investigations and prosecutions.
- Providing coverage advice to insurers, including on statutory liability prosecutions.
Product Liability + Recall
- Acting as coverage counsel for insurers in complex product liability and product recall claims, including acting as coverage counsel in a > $100 million global product recall claim in the food and beverage sector and providing coverage and liability advice in relation to wine and beer product recalls.
- Acting for insureds to defend product liability claims across a wide range of sectors, including settling a product liability claim regarding an electricity rotor and representing an Insured in relation to a statutory liability prosecution by a consumer watchdog regarding a product recall of a widely used building product.
- Advising an insured in a global product recall of a defective telecommunication product.
Healthcare, Life Sciences + Life Insurance
- Acting for healthcare practitioners in Health and Disability Commissioner complaints, coronial inquiries, Professional Conduct Committee investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
- Acting for healthcare professionals and aged care providers in Human Rights Tribunal and civil proceedings.
- Advising and acting for life insurers on fraudulent claims, policy interpretation disputes and complaints and assisting life insurers with policy wording reviews and claims and regulatory advice.
- Accident, Health + Travel Claims
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- ANZIIF – member of ANZIIF New Zealand 2022 Liability Conference Committee
- New Zealand Law Society
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- The Insurance Network
- Auckland Women’s Law Association