Mylinh works in Wotton + Kearney’s General Liability practice and has specialised in personal injury and insurance law for nearly 10 years. Mylinh represents large international insurers in defence of claims arising from slip and fall incidents, industrial and construction site accidents, engineering design defects causing injuries, manual handling and repetitive strain injuries, catastrophic injuries, workplace assaults and stress claims.
With a strong background in accident compensation and personal injury litigation, Mylinh has acted on behalf of WorkSafe Victoria and Transport Accident Commission and their respective authorised self insurers for many years.
Mylinh uses her extensive experience to advise and defend general liability claims, worker’s common law actions for damages and related WorkCover recovery actions and subrogated recovery actions.
Mylinh is actively involved in insurance industry organisations in Victoria and is a committee member of Women In Insurance. She is also a volunteer at Refugee Legal Centre in Melbourne.
- Defending public liability claims made against operators of small and large businesses, engineers and manufacturers, and builders and contractors.
- Defending ‘slip and trip’ claims brought by patrons of shopping centres, cafes and small and large businesses.
- Defending common law claims brought by injured workers and related recovery proceedings from the Victorian Workcover Authority.
- Successfully defended one of Australia’s largest department stores in proceedings brought by an injured worker and the Victorian WorkCover Authority. This achievement in a jury trial resulted in the full recovery of the department store’s costs.
- Defending a large confectionery corporation against common law proceedings brought by an injured worker and the Victorian Workcover Authority in relation to the installation of specialised machinery.
- Acting on behalf of an occupier against a psychiatric claim brought by the parent of a fatally injured child.
- Defending cafe owners in a proceeding brought by a catastrophically injury customer whom had significant pre-existing conditions.
- Acting on behalf of a Tasmanian-based contractor host employer in relation to a statutory recovery claim arising from a labour-hire employee sustaining injury at the principal contractor’s premises.
- Defending an engineer and manufacturer in common law proceeding brought by a worker who suffered injuries in the course of employment allegedly as a result of a product defect.
- Advising clients as to the prospects of success in seeking indemnity from the Transport Accident Commission in circumstances where incidents have arisen out of the use of a motor vehicle.
- Community + Pro Bono
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Personal Injury
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Transport + Marine
- Healthcare + Life Science
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Retail + Labour Life
- Sport, Leisure + Entertainment
- Transport + Marine
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- The Association of Women In Insurance (Committee Member)