Naazihah is a Senior Associate in the Brisbane office of Wotton + Kearney. Specialising in professional indemnity insurance, Naazihah has extensive experience in acting on behalf of insurers, self-insureds and corporate clients with a particular focus on the construction industry. She has particular expertise in managing complex litigation, with a comprehensive background in the defence of professional liability, property damage and product liability matters. She also advises on policy coverage, contractual issues and commercial disputes. Naazihah’s strong advisory and mediation skills ensure the provision of efficient service and claims management to her clients.
Naazihah has been recognised as a top insurance professional by Lawyers Weekly, being named a winner of its 30 Under 30 Awards in the Insurance category for 2017. She is also a past winner of the Australian Insurance Law Association’s Ron Shorter Memorial Award.
- Defending a structural engineering company and individual against multiple competing claims arising from collapsed retaining walls at a residential estate in Queensland.
- Defending a building certifier company against a claim for loss and damage arising out of subsidence to a commercial building owned by the property developer plaintiff.
- Defending a large corporate client in a lost opportunity claim brought by multiple self-managed superannuation funds against its town planning business arm.
- Acting for the insurer of a large mining company in defending a series of personal injuries claims brought against it by first responders to a fatal accident at the insured’s mine operation.
- Defending a large mining company against a claim brought by a labour hire employee engaged to perform manual handling tasks at a warehouse.
- Defending a gas plant operator insured against a claim brought by a gas fitter for chemical burns allegedly suffered while completing work at a processing facility in the Northern Territory.
Property Damage (Third Party)
- Acting for the insurer of a telecommunications network aerial maintenance company in defence of property damage claims arising from a bushfire in 2019.
- Acting for the insurer of a fire sprinkler systems maintenance company in defence of a litigated property damage claim, arising from the discharge of water from a sprinkler system on to machinery owned by the furniture manufacturing plaintiff.
- Advising an insurer client on coverage for claims against a deregistered insured arising from the design of a cabling system at two large solar farms in North Queensland.
Property Damage (First Party)
- Advising the primary insurer and following market of a construction works global policy for a claim by a subcontractor for losses arising from defective air-conditioning duct insulation installed at a hospital in Darwin, Northern Territory.
- Advising an insurer client on coverage for first-party losses incurred by a property owner insured following the destruction of a shopping centre from a fire occurring in 2019.
Product Liability + Recall
- Advising an insurer client on coverage issues arising from negligence by a logistics facility operator insured spanning over a 4-month period.
- Defending the insurer of a fibreglass component supplier in respect of an alleged failure of the product against dual insurance claims by two insurers of a related insured entity. T
- Advising an insurer client on coverage for and monitoring a claim brought in Canada against an Australian manufacturer of a water leak detection device.
- Advising a local Council client in respect of a dispute concerning the negligent preparation of a railway inspection report by a supplier in respect of a large railway restoration project.
- Acting for a loss adjuster in a dispute involving the buy-out of an agricultural claims portfolio following the breakdown of a commercial relationship.
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Professions + Business Services
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women In Insurance
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group