Natasha is a Senior Associate in Wotton + Kearney’s Wellington office with over seven years’ experience as an insurance lawyer.
Natasha specialises in professional liability, product liability, subrogated recoveries and general liability. She has experience in high value and complex litigation as well as disciplinary proceedings.
Natasha has previously worked for international firms in both Australia and London and spent a year on secondment to the London Financial Lines claims team of Zurich Insurance.
Natasha is the Wellington Branch President of the Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs) Australia & New Zealand Inc. She was also a key member of the Wotton + Kearney fundraising team that partnered with International Justice Mission Australia (IJM) in 2018 and rode across Cambodia to collectively raise more than $100,000 to assist IJM in their fight against modern day slavery.
- Advising on, and assisting with, professional negligence claims brought against solicitors, engineers, architects, real estate agents, property managers and other professionals, including complaints to professional bodies such as the New Zealand Law Society Standards Committee and the Real Estate Agents Authority.
- Advising clients in relation to claims before the Disputes Tribunal and Tenancy Tribunal, including successful dismissal of claims against property managers.
- Pursuing subrogated recovery claims on behalf of insurer clients.
- Assisting with, and advising on, product liability claims and claims brought under the New Zealand Fair Trading Act.
- Advising and assisting clients in relation to disciplinary and regulatory investigations, including managing large scale document reviews and preparing reports for regulators.
- Undertaking a secondment to the London Financial Lines claims team of a major international insurer where she autonomously handled all aspects of a wide range of professional indemnity claims.
Community + Pro Bono
- Participating in volunteering days with local College students.
- Assisting with various confidential pro bono files.
- Cyber + Data Security
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Professions + Business Services
- Technology + Cyber
- New Zealand Law Society
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Not The Boys Club
- Young Insurance Professionals