Nicholas is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury in NSW who represents commercial insurers in large loss personal injury and property damage matters.
Nicholas acts in litigated personal injury claims, property damage and professional indemnity matters across Australia. He is particularly known for his work in effectively and empathetically managing catastrophic personal injury claims.
Nicholas has been recognised as a leading lawyer in The Best Lawyers in Australia (2022 – 2023).
- Acting in the successful appeal in the matter of Bates v Gillham  NSWCA 129, which provided good authority that, to satisfy s5B of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW) (CLA), a plaintiff must demonstrate that a defendant’s actions were inherently unreasonable and that a reasonable person in the position of the defendant would not have done the same.
- Acting in Endeavour Energy v Precision Helicopters Pty Ltd  NSWCA 169 – this matter altered the findings of the trial judge on the issue of whether the Civil Aviation (Carriers’ Liability) Act 1967 (NSW) had application to the claim following a catastrophic helicopter accident.
- Successfully defending the appeal proceedings in Sdrolias v Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd  NSWCA 20, a claim involving pure psychiatric harm, vicarious liability and credibility findings of primary judge.
- General Liability
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Professions + Business Services
- Public Sector + Education
- Law Society of New South Wales