Noon specialises in defending professionals in complaint processes, disciplinary proceedings, and negligence claims. She has extensive regulatory experience across various industries, including professions and business services, property and real estate, healthcare, and life sciences.
Noon works closely with her clients to help them understand legal issues, potential risks, and other challenges. Her perspective and attention to detail, complemented by her empathetic manner, means she is experienced in successfully assisting clients through complex claims, including those involved in sensitive matters.
Noon previously acted as a prosecutor on cases before the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal and the Real Estate Agents Disciplinary Tribunal and has held several in-house roles with health, legal, and real estate regulators. She has also worked as an investigator – involved in substantial investigations into governmental ministries, and separately involving conduct of health practitioners. Noon’s regulatory and public sector experience means she provides valuable insight and perspective for her clients.
- Advising on, and assisting with professional negligence claims
- Acting for health practitioners on issues arising from clinical practice: professional and regulatory requirements, complaints in multiple jurisdictions, legal and professional risks
- Assisted health practitioners through regulatory and complaint processes, investigations, inquiries, and the Court, coronial and tribunal proceedings
- Appearing before specialist committees, courts and tribunals, including the Coroner’s court, the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, Professional Conduct Committees and the Real Estates Agents Disciplinary Tribunal
- Appearing before the High Court in summary judgment matters
- Conducting investigations into policies, practices and procedure of governmental ministries
- Conducting investigations into health professional’s conduct
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Professional Liability
- Professions + Business Services
- Property + Real Estate
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- New Zealand Law Society
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association