Rachel advises Australian and international Property, Construction & Energy insurance markets on major losses and complex indemnity matters. She is highly regarded for her professionalism, high-quality legal advice and ability to communicate complex issues in a straightforward way.
She currently acts for insurers in pursuing high-value subrogated recoveries and on a range of litigated and non-litigated coverage disputes involving CAR and ISR policies. In doing so, she is committed to delivering astute advice and achieving the best commercial outcomes for clients.
Rachel also has extensive professional indemnity experience, having acted as coverage and defence counsel for a range of professionals in the construction, mining, finance and insolvency sectors.
Construction + Contract Works
- Acting for a civil engineer and its insurer in a contractual indemnity dispute following a ruptured gas line during excavation work on a prominent underground motorway in Sydney.
- Acting for a project-specific professional indemnity insurer and insured in subrogated recovery proceedings claiming damages related to excessive slab deflections in a high-rise building.
- Representing the interests of international insurers on a project-specific professional indemnity policy claim arising out of the design and construction of the Adelaide Desalination Plant.
Professional Liability (PI)
- Over 10 years’ experience acting in the defence of claims against various professionals in the construction, mining, finance and insolvency sectors, including engineers, project managers, private certifiers, valuers, accountants, financial planners and receivers.
- Acting as coverage and defence counsel for a private certifier in a professional disciplinary investigation, coronial inquest and civil claims arising out of the certification of a high-rise apartment building that was the subject of a severe fire.
- Professional Liability
- Property - Major Loss
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Law Society of NSW
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG)
- The Association for Women in Insurance