Raisa assists insurers and insured professionals in the financial institutions, property and real estate, business services and construction sectors. She has broad experience advising on financial lines claims, including professional indemnity matters.
Raisa also has significant experience in D&O claims, including acting for directors in class actions, management liability (including EPL), environmental insurance and in subrogated recovery issues. Her drafting skills are second-to-none, and she often advises insurers on standard and bespoke policy wordings, including miscellaneous professions wordings, jewellery block wordings and club/association wordings.
As an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, Raisa provides technical and commercial insurance advice. But it is her personable and adaptable approach which distinguishes her, particularly when claims involve complex matters.
A regular publisher and speaker, Raisa has been recognised by clients and colleagues for her legal and commercial skills, and was named Insurance Business Young Gun of the Year in 2014. She qualified as an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation with the Law Society of New South Wales in 2011. Raisa is also recognised as a leading lawyer in Professional Malpractice Litigation in The Best Lawyers in Australia 2021 and named in the Doyles Guide 2016, 2017 and 2018 as a recommended practitioner in the area of professional indemnity.
- Advising on professional indemnity claims and acting as defence counsel on professional negligence claims against construction professionals, valuers and financial professionals, such as accountants, financial planners, mortgage brokers and stockbrokers.
Directors + Officers
- Defending claims against directors and officers in the Federal Court of Australia, including class actions and liquidator’s claims.
- Indemnity advice under management liability policies, including in claims by SMEs, law firms and local government authorities.
Regulatory + Investigations
- Assisting companies and directors/officers to respond to investigative and other notices issued by ASIC and the ACCC, including representing them at examinations and interviews, and negotiating letters of comfort and undertakings.
- Acting for the owner of a quarry in the Grantham Floods Commission of Inquiry, in which the quarry was cleared of any wrongdoing.
- Representing insureds in prosecutions brought by the NSW Environment Protection Authority and the Queensland Department of Environment and Heritage Protection.
- Advising insurers on the operation of environmental liability policies and assisting them implement remediation and monitoring programs in consultation with State EPA agencies.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Professions + Business Services
- Small Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- The Association for Women In Insurance
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Young Insurance Professionals
- Law Society of Queensland
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland Inc