Raisa assists insurers and insured professionals in the financial institutions, property and real estate, business services and construction sectors.
She has a depth of experience in professional indemnity and D&O coverage and defence, including acting for directors and officers in class actions, liquidator’s claims and proceedings commenced by ASIC and the ACCC.
Her practice extends to management liability (including EPL, regulatory investigations and statutory cover) and environmental impairment liability (EIL) insurance, in which she has a particular interest. Raisa regularly advises insurers on EIL coverage issues.
As an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, Raisa provides technical and commercial insurance advice. But it is her personable and adaptable approach which distinguishes her, particularly when it comes to cutting through complex claims to achieve practical results.
A regular publisher and speaker, Raisa is recognised by clients and colleagues for her legal and commercial skills and was named Insurance Business Young Gun of the Year in 2014. She qualified as an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation with the Law Society of New South Wales in 2011. Raisa was named a leading Queensland professional indemnity practitioner in the Doyles Guide (2019 & 2020) and recognised as a leading lawyer in insurance Law and Professional Malpractice Litigation in The Best Lawyers in Australia (2022 & 2021).
- Advising on professional indemnity claims and acting as defence counsel on professional negligence claims against construction professionals, valuers and financial professionals, such as accountants, financial planners, mortgage brokers and stockbrokers.
Directors + Officers
- Defending claims against directors and officers in the Federal Court of Australia, including class actions and liquidator’s claims.
- Indemnity advice under management liability policies, including in claims by SMEs, law firms and local government authorities.
Regulatory + Investigations
- Assisting companies and directors/officers to respond to investigative and other notices issued by ASIC and the ACCC, including representing them at examinations and interviews, and negotiating letters of comfort and undertakings.
- Acting for the owner of a quarry in the Grantham Floods Commission of Inquiry, in which the quarry was cleared of any wrongdoing.
- Representing insureds in prosecutions brought by the NSW Environment Protection Authority and the Queensland Department of Environment and Science.
- Advising insurers on the operation of environmental liability policies and assisting them implement remediation and monitoring programs in consultation with State EPA agencies.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Professions + Business Services
- Small Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- The Association for Women In Insurance
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Young Insurance Professionals
- Law Society of Queensland
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland Inc