Rasha works across Wotton + Kearney’s general liability and financial lines teams, with a particular focus on property damage, public liability, professional indemnity, construction and infrastructure claims. Prior to joining W + K, Rasha worked in New Zealand and Singapore and was heavily involved in property damage and business interruption claims arising from natural disasters in Asia Pacific, such as the 2010/2011 New Zealand earthquakes and the 2011 Thailand floods.
Rasha is our pro bono coordinator in Melbourne and has been driving a new pro bono initiative with the Mental Health Legal Centre.
- Acting for the owners corporations and apartment owners of the Lacrosse building, which was damaged by fire in 2014 due to combustible ACP cladding.
- Acting for insurers on a wide range of property damage and business interruption claims arising from major losses including natural disasters.
- Running a number of subrogated recoveries in the product liability, construction, manufacturing, engineering and marine space.
- Acting on behalf of insured carriers and subrogated insurers on claims relating to goods damaged in transit.
- Commercial Property
- Community + Pro Bono
- General Liability
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Professions + Business Services
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Victorian Women Lawyers