Rebecca is a Senior Associate known for her experience in insurance, litigation and dispute resolution. Having also worked in professional indemnity claims management, including in leadership roles and managing litigation for some of Australia’s largest insurers, brokers and industry players, she brings deep industry knowledge to her legal practice.
She acts for a number of Australian insurers and represents employers across a broad range of industries, with particular expertise in advising small-to-medium enterprises. She is a trusted advisor that EPL insurer claims teams enjoy working with to deliver excellent service, efficiency and value.
Rebecca has a reputation for successfully resisting unmeritorious claims in the Fair Work Commission and QIRC, which she achieves using the combination of her technical expertise, strategy and insight into the expectations and imperatives for litigants in that jurisdiction. She also regularly appears in the Federal Circuit Courts and in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and Queensland Courts.
She has also taught at the University of New England Armidale and is currently undertaking a Masters in Labour Law and Relations at the University of Sydney.
- Acting in complex multi-party employment litigation in the Federal Circuit Court, involving labour hire in the mining industry.
- Acting for and advising large-scale agriculture enterprises regarding termination and redundancy decisions, and mitigating employment risks.
- Acting for and advising a real estate agency business in a complex breach of contract and restrained of trade dispute in the District Court of Queensland, including addressing issues arising from allegations of sham contracting and contravention of the Real Estate Industry Modern Award.
- Advising a large retail employer on risk mitigation and compliance regarding termination and redundancy decisions.
- Representing small-to-medium enterprise across a broad range of industries in responding to, and defending, unfair dismissal and breach of general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission.
- Employment Practices Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professions + Business Services
- Public Sector + Education
- Retail + Labour hire
- Small Medium Enterprise
- Civil Litigation
- Queensland Law Society
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland Law
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- The Association of Women in Insurance
- Australian Institute of Company Directors