Robert has a reputation for being accessible and responsive. He has extensive experience in property, energy, construction and professional risks. He acts for domestic and international insurers, as well as major corporations, engineers, architects and quantity surveyors.
Robert regularly defends complex litigated claims and conducts subrogated recovery actions across all Australian jurisdictions. His understanding of the operational and legal risks experienced by engineering and construction professionals informs the pragmatic and commercial way he resolves disputes.
Robert’s practice also includes defamation and commercial litigation.
- Advising property insurers on claims arising from damage to residential, commercial and industrial buildings and infrastructure , including recovery options.
- Acting as coverage counsel in large, complex infrastructure claims, including claims in Asia, Africa and South America.
- Successfully resolving multiple claims brought by owners’ corporations against a local Sydney council concerning allegations of negligent certification of building works/fire protection services.
- Acting for a multi-national geotechnical engineering regarding multiple professional indemnity claims in various jurisdictions, including Australia and Canada.
- Successfully resolving a claim brought against leading geotechnical engineering firm arising from a structural failure of the M1 tunnel in Sydney.
- Acting for major construction corporations in defence of large, complex infrastructure claims (including the Third Runway claim).
- Successfully resolving a claim brought by a utilities operator against a major engineering firm arising from the construction of a 4.5km wastewater pipeline in New South Wales.
- Acting for insurers in defence of claims against architects, engineers and quantity surveyors, including claims arising from catastrophic failures of tunnels, excavations, formwork, scaffolding, roof and building facades.
- Acting in subrogated recovery actions (including a successful recovery arising from the Lane Cove Tunnel collapse).
- Acting for corporations in disputes arising from commercial contracts, including franchise, agency and supply agreements.
- Acting in defence of litigated defamation claims brought against professionals, local councils, associations and individuals.
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Property
- Construction + Contract Works
- Industrial Special Risks
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Professions + Business Services
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- NSW Claims Discussion Group
- NSW Engineering Discussion Group
- Law Society of NSW