Robert specialises in general liability with a focus in personal injury. Recognised for his succinct advice work and cost efficient claims management skills, his expertise extends from acting in defence of litigated claims in the construction, retail, food and hotel sectors, to public sector as well as historical claims work.
Robert has also acted on landmark project litigation arising from the Victorian Black Saturday Bushfires, where property losses and personal injury claims were in excess of $1 billion dollars.
In 2016, Robert was seconded to a leading global insurer as a Senior Claims Consultant where he managed a portfolio of personal injury claims within New South Wales, Queensland and Australian Capital Territory jurisdictions.
- Acting in defence of a variety of public sector, historical claims and claims in the construction, retail, food and hotel sectors.
- Providing coverage advice for property loss claims involving 1st party and liability policies.
- Acting in defence of a medical centre in litigation involving public liability and medical negligence claims against multiple defendants.
- Acting for an ENT Surgeon accused of failing to advise of the risks, and to exercise reasonable care and skill in the performance of, a series of sinus surgeries.
- Acting in defence of disciplinary proceedings against medical professionals in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Accident, Health + Travel Claims
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Personal Injury
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Healthcare + Life Science
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Professions + Business Services
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- NSW Claims Discussion Group