Rohan is known for his expertise in public and product liability. He acts for major general liability insurers and regularly defends claims against local councils, builders, timber manufacturers, livestock owners and other contractors. He also has strong personal injury and property damage experience, including acting for a former asbestos manufacturer in matters such as the long-running group contribution proceeding Amaca Pty Ltd v CSR Ltd & Anor.
Rohan previously practised in London, where he worked as part of the team representing the principal contractor involved in the Grenfell Tower Refurbishment. This involved advising on issues arising from the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and the related civil litigation proceedings.
- Representing Amaca (formerly James Hardie) as the lead solicitor seeking contribution from CSR Ltd and Anor for more than 200 settlements made with plaintiffs who were exposed to asbestos insulation at power stations in the Latrobe Valley in the 1960s and 1970s.
- Representing private clients in successfully defending a VWA recovery proceeding in the Supreme Court (Victorian WorkCover Authority v O’Brien, Kevin Edward & Ors  VSC 39). The clients were occupiers who were sued over a track work incident at their property at Corinella.
- Instructing on behalf of Amaca in the Supreme Court (Swiatek v Amaca Pty Ltd & Ors  VSC 808), in a contribution claim between CSR and Amaca that involved a plaintiff’s alleged exposure to asbestos products whilst living in, and playing at the back of, an asbestos manufacturing factory in Sunshine, Victoria.
- Defence of public and product liability claims against local councils, builders, timber manufacturers, livestock owners and other contractors in state courts and in VCAT.
- Acting for the principal contractor involved in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and related civil litigation proceedings, which is an ongoing UK matter involving extensive property damage and personal injury claims, contribution disputes and criminal prosecution proceedings.
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Healthcare + Life Science
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- LIV Young Lawyers Social Committee Member 2013