Sam is a General Liability specialist and has worked exclusively in the insurance industry for over 12 years. He has acted for owners/occupiers, construction companies, scaffolders, manufacturers, cleaners, councils, not-for-profit organisations, government departments and institutions in a variety of public liability and property damage claims across most of Australia’s jurisdictions.
While at W+K, Sam has undertaken several client secondments. He previously worked as the national technical manager of a major international insurer, where he assisted in the management of personal injury, property damage and professional indemnity claims by being a technical referral point of contact for the claims team nationally on complex coverage and strategy decisions.
Sam’s extensive in-house experience places him in a unique position to understand the complexities a client faces in managing their claims from start to finish. He is keenly aware of the need for a commercial approach where appropriate and identifying settlement opportunities to avoid ongoing litigation risk and costs.
- Assisting with the successful resolution of a $350 million claim for damages made against several defendants following the collapse of an Australian dam.
- Assisting with the successful resolution of a personal injury claim made against a homeowner involving the catastrophic brain injury of a minor. The matter resolved for $7 million below the most likely scenario, with the Court complimenting the successful resolution of the matter.
- Successfully resolving a multi-million dollar personal injury claim involving a paraplegic.
- End to end management of public liability and professional indemnity claims across all jurisdictions in Australia and in various overseas jurisdictions.
- Legacy, Sensitive + Complex Claims
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Small Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Public Sector + Education
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Australian Insurance Law Associations