Samantha is a key member of the Financial Lines team. Her practice focuses mainly on claims arising under directors and officers policies with a specific focus on class actions and regulatory claims. Samantha has acted for insurers in respect of the largest securities class actions in Australia.
Samantha’s experience and specialisation in the class action space renders her a key resource in class action jurisprudence, and she takes a proactive approach in ensuring that clients are kept up to date on the ever-changing D&O and class action landscapes.
With an emphasis on complex coverage matters, Samantha is experienced in managing the obligations of primary insurers in coverage matters and keeping large excess markets informed of developments.
- Advising insurers in respect of major class action proceedings involving the sale of add-on insurance
- Representing insurers in respect of complex coverage issues arising out of securities class action claims stemming from the Banking Royal Commission
- Acting for the London insurance market in respect of coverage issues on a securities class action traversing multiple stock exchanges
- Advising Australian insurers in respect of large-scale US proceedings concerning force-placed insurance policies
- Class Actions
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Management Liability
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Women in Insurance