Samuel is a highly qualified lawyer specialising in privacy and data protection. He holds Juris Doctor and PhD qualifications and is a Certified Information Privacy Manager and a Certified Information Privacy Professional – Europe.
Samuel advises on the spectrum of cyber and privacy issues, including assessing, managing and monitoring incidents, managing cyber claims, and advising on privacy law, including compliance and compulsory notifications.
In particular, he has worked extensively with SMEs, including advising on multi-jurisdictional privacy law obligations and individual data rights.
For seven years, alongside his legal practice, Samuel was a Teaching Fellow at the University of NSW.
- Advising SMEs on multi-jurisdictional privacy law obligations, including on data protection, breach notification and response, and individual data rights.
- Developing data security, privacy assessment and breach response programs for implementation within varied business structures and models.
- Providing current awareness to clients and firm management on technical and legal developments in privacy and data protection.
- Auditing client and internal firm privacy practices.
- Developing and delivering engaging security and privacy training packages for c-suite, employees, and tech start-ups.
- Cyber + Data Security
- Technology + Cyber
- Law Society of NSW
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Peer Review Panel Member for the Australian Journal for Human Rights
- Associate with the Allens Hub for Technology, Law and Innovation