Sasha has extensive experience in advising on management liability and professional indemnity claims and has acted on behalf of directors and officers in regulatory prosecutions commenced by the ACCC and ASIC.
She acts for insurers and insureds across a range of industries, including construction and infrastructure, property, real estate, financial institutions and services. Sasha has also advised a wide range of professionals, including engineers and surveyors, accountants, real estate agents and financial planners, on professional indemnity claims.
Sasha also regularly advises insurers on coverage issues, having developed a particular interest in the area while completing a secondment with a global commercial insurer. That secondment, together with her experiences defending claims, inform her commercial and pragmatic approach in resolving disputes.
- Defending claims for negligent engineering design work.
- Acting for accountants and other professionals in defending negligence claims.
- Advising, as coverage and monitoring counsel, on coverage issues arising under professional indemnity policies.
Directors + Officers / Management Liability
- Defending actions commenced by regulators, including ASIC and the ACCC.
- Defending directors against equitable and Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) breach of duty claims.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professions + Business Solutions
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Property + Real Estate
- Queensland Law Society