Shih-Lene has over 15 years’ international and national experience in the insurance industry. She specialises in public and products liability focusing on multi-party and complex personal injury, property damage and policy coverage.
Shih-Lene represents national insurers, London market underwriters, Third Party Administrators and national companies with large self-insured retentions. She has defended a range of PIPA claims including for principal contractors, subcontractors, sporting associations, shopping centre owners, security contractors and venue operators.
Having worked in-house at a leading London insurer, Shih-Lene is cognisant of her clients’ commercial needs and priorities. She focuses on providing clear and concise advice, accurate reserves and pragmatic resolution of claims.
- Acting on behalf of a multinational construction company and its insurer in a claim for head injuries allegedly caused by concrete falling from a cracked ceiling.
- Pursuing a recovery action on behalf of a principal contractor and its insurer for losses as a result of a house fire due to defective light dimmer units.
- Acting for a demolition company and its insurer in multiple claims alleging vibration damage.
- Defending against a catastrophic spinal injury as a result of a horse-riding accident.
- General Liability
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Queensland Law Society