Stan is a senior lawyer who has been working in insurance law with over 17 years experience. His core practice area is in general liability, with a speciality in defending public liability claims for government departments and retail shopping centres. His extensive experience also expands to common law and employer liability matters, having also acted for various Collieries in NSW for over a decade.
Stan has developed a market leading reputation for his ability to successfully navigate the complex nature of government matters, and has developed the trust and respect of key personnel and decision makers in the sector.
In a commercially competitive market, Stan’s negotiating skills, coupled with his forensic analysis of evidence, allows him to skilfully facilitate his own mediations and settlement conferences which has resulted in an enviable track record of results for his clients.
Public Sector + Education
- Acting for the NSW Land & Housing Corporation in relation to a public liability claim in which the plaintiff sued for damages incurred in a fall in a bath. It was alleged the Department failed to act on the plaintiff’s prior complaints regarding the design of a bath. The case was successfully defended and a subsequent Court of Appeal proceeding dismissed on the basis of no breach of duty of care.
- Acting for NSW Land & Housing Corporation in a $1 million claim for breach of duty of care in relation to injuries suffered as a result of a glass shower screen breaking. After a lengthy hearing the claim was successfully defended.
- Successfully obtained a Judgment for NSW Land & Housing Corporation in a matter where the Plaintiff fell from the roof of a unit and suffered serious external and internal injuries. Vigorously argued no negligence on the part of NSW Land & Housing Corporation and that fall occurred due to Plaintiff’s actions.
- Successfully obtained a Judgment for NSW Land & Housing Corporation in a matter where the Plaintiff suffered injuries when the ceiling of her bedroom collapsed and injured her. Argued that the Plaintiff did not allow access for repairs to be made and also strongly argued threshold issues as her injuries were not serious.
Retail + Labour Hire
- Acting for a major shopping centre operator in successfully defending a claim by a plaintiff who alleged she slipped on a food item. The client succeeded in proving that it did not breach its duty of care and that it had at all relevant times a proper system in place for cleaning.
- Acting for a Hotel in a matter where a lady slipped down stairs at a Restaurant, which formed part of the Hotel’s premises. The Plaintiff suffered significant injuries, however, a commercial settlement was achieved and the Hotel’s exposure significantly reduced in strongly arguing negligence on the part of Restaurant and Certifiers who certified the construction of the stairs.
- Personal Injury
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Public Sector + Education
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- NSW Claims Discussion Group
- Hellenic Australian Lawyers Association
- Law Society of NSW