Stephen specialises in advising local and global insurers, and their insured clients, in respect directors and officers claims, professional negligence claims against building and financial industry professionals, information and network technology claims and class actions. He advises regularly on both coverage and liability issues.
Stephen’s experience also includes working on a wide range of commercial and civil matters, as well as managing complex insurance coverage litigation, contractual disputes and trade practices disputes.
Stephen is committed to delivering the best commercial outcomes for his clients and is skilled in devising strategies to achieve those outcomes. He was a Finalist in the 2015 Lawyers Week 30 Under 30 Awards in the Insurance category.
- Acting on behalf of an ASX listed company in respect of the defence of two related $100+ million class actions in the Supreme Court of NSW and Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting as coverage counsel for a defendant to the 2011 Brisbane Floods Class Action.
- Acting on behalf of an Australian debt collection agency in the defence of a securities class action in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting on behalf of a former director of RSL Lifecare Limited in relation to the Public Inquiry under the Charitable Fundraising Act 1991 (NSW) involving alleged breaches of directors duties and improper receipt of payments.
- Acting on behalf of a director of a NSW registered club in the defence of proceedings brought in the Supreme Court of NSW concerning the alleged breach of a retail lease.
- Acting on behalf of a global engineering company in respect of a claim brought in the Supreme Court of the ACT involving alleged professional negligence.
- Acting for surveyors in a $90 million boundary and easement dispute arising from a major commercial and residential development in Sydney.
- Acting on behalf of an ASC listed company in respect of a claim brought in the Supreme Court of NSW on behalf of various covenant holders in a forest investment scheme.
- Acting on behalf of a point-of-sale software developer in the defence of a claim brought against it in the District Court of NSW.
Directors & Officers
Technology + Cyber
- Class Actions
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Technology + Cyber
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Young Insurance Professionals
- NSW Claims Discussion Group