Thomas, who has worked in both New Zealand and the UK, practices across a range of insurance areas, including subrogated recoveries, professional indemnity, medico-legal and general liability. He also works in areas of professional negligence, commercial litigation and professional disciplinary matters.
Thomas takes a commercial approach to his work, focusing on helping insurers achieve a cost-effective result.
- Assisting in the defence of insured professionals involved in leaky buildings and defect claims regarding large apartment buildings.
- Pursuing subrogated recovery claims for insurer clients, including cases where commercial businesses were faced with contaminated product.
- Working on professional negligence claims brought against engineers in multi-party defective building claims and failed remediation claims following the Canterbury Earthquakes.
- Advising on, and assisting with, professional negligence claims brought against various professionals, including engineers and accountants.
- Assisting the defence of charges brought against practitioners in the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Accident, Health + Travel Claims
- Commercial Litigation
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Small Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Professions + Business Services
- Construction + Infrastructure
- New Zealand Law Society
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Young Insurance Professionals (NZ)