Tim specialises in property and energy matters, with a focus on subrogated recoveries, industrial special risks and contract works claims. He is currently engaged on a number of subrogated recoveries involving large electricity generators, roads and other civil infrastructure. Tim also has experience in professional negligence claims.
When pursuing subrogated recoveries against third parties, Tim ensures insurers are kept up-to-date with the matter and all relevant issues. He also ensures insureds understand their obligations and helps them fulfil those commitments.
- Acting as part of the team preparing the evidence in a subrogated recovery against a maintenance contractor of a NSW power station. He advised the client and insured on evidence and assisted in ensuring the matter could proceed.
- Advising insurers on the prospects of multiple subrogated recovery actions arising out of a number of incidents at a large power station in Victoria. Tim assisted insurers in obtaining the necessary evidence to assess the matters.
- Acting for insurers in a recovery action against consulting engineers and contractors in an action arising out the faulty construction of infrastructure in Victoria.
- Assisting in planning strategy for a subrogated recovery arising out of faulty design of a road project in Queensland.
- Advising insurers on a potential subrogated recovery arising out of the failure of a gas turbine power generator in western Victoria.
- Advising insurers about the settlement and resolution of a claim on an industrial special risks policy arising out of a fire in Western Sydney.
- Defending a consulting engineer insured, on the instruction of insurers, in a professional negligence claim brought by a building contractor.
- Construction + Contract Works
- Industrial Special Risks
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Insurance Law Association