Tully works in Wotton + Kearney’s general liability team with a focus on property damage claims on both the casualty and coverage side.
He has acted in a number of high-profile class actions and complex multi-party litigation including the 2014 Parkerville bushfire litigation in Western Australia and the 2018 St Patrick’s Day bushfire litigation in Victoria.
He also has experience with management liability claims arising in owners’ corporations disputes.
Tully is also an active participant in all aspects of W + K’s pro bono programme.
- Representing Victoria’s largest electricity distributor and its insurers in defending eight actions arising out of the 2018 St Patrick’s Day bushfires. The cases involved technical expert evidence and novel legal issues. Tully instructed at the trials of two of the proceedings which all settled at a discount.
- Representing a maintenance contractor in the 2014 Parkerville Bushfire litigation in Western Australia which involved five related proceedings. Tully was primarily responsible for conduct of the proceedings in the assessment of damages phase.
Construction + Contract Works
- Advising various insurers on policy response for defective building works claims from single residential buildings to large developments.
- Representing an electricity distributor and its insurer in defending a claim in negligence by a large telecommunications service provider arising out of an electrical arc explosion in Melbourne’s CBD. The claim resolved for substantially less than what the claimant sought.
- Class Actions
- Commercial Property
- Construction + Contract Works
- Industrial Special Risks
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Institute of Victoria