Victoria specialises in a number of areas including medico-legal matters, professional liability, employment and commercial litigation. Her clients consist of corporates, such as employers and insurers, and individual professionals including health practitioners, lawyers and valuers.
Victoria advises on a wide variety of claims. She also advises on disciplinary charges and complaints including negligence, misconduct, and other investigations and processes by regulatory authorities. She represents clients in various disciplinary tribunals and courts as well as in mediation and dispute resolution forums.
Victoria has appeared before the Human Rights Review Tribunal, Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, Coronial Court and District Courts, and has participated in appeal hearings in the High Court. A strong and commercially sensible advocate for her clients, Victoria was named a finalist for Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year at the 2019 New Zealand Law Awards.
Victoria also has experience in corporate law, opinion writing and financial services. She has worked for a large law firm in London and for a well-known Queens Counsel.
- Regularly advising a large healthcare indemnifier and its members on a wide range of matters, including disciplinary proceedings, regulatory investigations and complaints.
- Representing and assisting health practitioners in the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, Human Rights Review Tribunal and Coronial Court.
- Acting alongside Queens Counsel for a large health related organisation in the Human Rights Review Tribunal.
- Appearing on various matters in the District Courts.
- Opinion writing in the medico-legal and corporate/commercial fields.
- Authored several articles in the Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation.
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Institutions
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Professional Liability
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Professions + Business Services
- New Zealand Law Society