Wotton + Kearney announces a further 17 senior promotions
Wotton + Kearney is delighted to announce our most recent senior promotions in Australia and New Zealand, including two new partners – Angela Winkler and James Clohesy – and 15 senior lawyers, effective 1 January 2021.
The latest promotions take the firm’s numbers to 44 partners and more than 220 dedicated insurance lawyers. Wotton + Kearney’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is also reflected in these promotions as 59% of the lawyers appointed to new senior roles are women. With the well-deserved promotions of Angela Winkler and James Clohesy to partner, the firm’s general liability practice continues to go from strength to strength to meet client demand.
Chief Executive Partner David Kearney comments: “These senior promotions, which are across all of our offices and practice groups, together with the 13 promotions we made in July this year, reflect Wotton + Kearney’s commitment to offer our clients deeper expertise. With our people first culture, we do this by recognising emerging talent and growing our ranks of senior specialists in key insurance lines.”
The full list of promoted senior lawyers is below:
Angela Winkler – General Liability (Sydney)
Angela is an experienced general liability lawyer who advises on personal injury matters, as well as property damage and professional indemnity claims. With both international and local experience, Angela has honed her highly commercial and cost-efficient claims management skills and understands the key drivers of an insurer’s claims function.
James Clohesy – General Liability (Sydney)
James specialises in property and construction third party claims, as well as intentional torts, general and product liability matters. He is particularly known for his ability to identify key issues clearly and quickly in coverage matters, dual insurance actions and large-scale litigated claims.
- Emma Bray – General Liability (Brisbane)
- Emily Payne – General Liability (Melbourne)
- Natalie Bountros – General Liability (Sydney)
- Andrea Carnuccio – General Liability (Sydney)
- Patrick Thompson – General Liability (Sydney)
- Luke Vincent – Financial Lines (Sydney)
- James Dymock – Financial Lines (Auckland)
- Sasha Davey – Financial Lines (Brisbane)
- Samantha Younane – Financial Lines (Melbourne)
- Tully Anders – General Liability (Melbourne)
- Sophie Crowther – General Liability (Melbourne)
- Diviij Vijayakumar – General Liability (Perth)
- Bridget Carpenter – General Liability (Sydney)
- Ryan Owens – Property & Energy (Sydney)
- Kate Wills – Medico-Legal/Employment (Wellington)
This publication is intended to provide commentary and general information. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. Formal legal advice should be sought in particular transactions or on matters of interest arising from this publication. Persons listed may not be admitted in all states and territories.