Graham acts for insurers and insureds in PI claims (including claims against solicitors, accountants, valuers and building professionals), construction disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, claims against directors and officers, management liability claims, contractual disputes and disciplinary proceedings. He also provides a wide range of coverage advice to D&O, PI, management liability, ISR and E&O insurers, both locally and in the London market.
Graham has an ability to cut through complex factual and legal issues and provide clear, strategic and commercial advice.
He has a strong track record of resolving complex disputes through mediation and direct negotiation and is a skilled advocate, having appeared regularly in the superior courts of WA, SA and NSW, as well as the Federal Court.
Graham is a fluent German speaker and has presented seminars in German on Australian contract and insurance law.
- Acting for the professional indemnity insurer of a law firm in a series of claims arising from the collapse of the firm’s solicitors mortgage scheme.
- Acting for the excess layer PI insurer of a major law firm in $150 million claim arising from mining tenancy advice.
- Representing insolvency practitioners in disciplinary proceedings brought by ASIC and the Inspector-General in Bankruptcy.
Directors & Officers (D&O)
- Advising a D&O insurer of a collapsed industrial conglomerate on coverage issues arising from multiple claims against former directors.
- Acting for the D&O insurer of local councils on coverage issues in respect of multiple legal representation claims arising from corruption inquiries.
Subrogation & Recoveries
- Acting for a major industrial property group and its ISR insurer in proceedings against builder and designer arising from the collapse of a warehouse roof.
- Acting for a management liability insurer in respect of claims arising from Australia’s largest superannuation fraud.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Industrial Special Risks
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group